Leading to Real Agility is tough work. This ½-day one-on-one workshop helps you focus on the most essential aspects of your development as a leader. You will learn about your reactive tendencies that hinder you from leading your organization or team towards Real Agility, and you will learn about your creative capacities that support your journey towards Real Agility.
- A printable copy of your Leadership Circle Profile (LCP) results
- Free EXCLUSIVE ebook "Leading to Real Agility" written by Mishkin Berteig
- A free book from our Leadership recommended reading list
- One year of free email follow-up support with your coach
- Great follow-up to a CSM, CSPO or Leading SAFe class!
In this workshop you will learn:
- Specific actions you can take as next steps on the path to Real Agility.
- How your personal mental models support or hinder you as a leader in an Agile organization.
- Personal and team techniques to support your leadership direction and style.
- How to leverage the relationship between your leadership and the culture of your organization.
You will also have a plan for next steps to continue your journey towards Real Agility.
Mishkin Berteig's qualifications
"If you have dealt with Mishkin you’ll notice he’s got a powerful and rare trait: caring about people! It’s no surprise that he’s been active in the Agile community for years.... Mishkin has a deep understanding of Scrum and Agile with a great enthusiasm in sharing, teaching, mentoring, and overall embodying what it means to be Agile."
—Siraj Berhan, Enterprise Coach
"Mishkin has personally helped me get my company off the ground, and within a one-hour initial meeting transformed my way of working."
—Dustin Hill, Agilist
"A top expert and a perpetual learner? Yes! Mishkin is somehow able to get outstanding results while fostering an environment of learning and performance agility. He is committed to sharing his experience and creating a highly collaborative and innovative work environment inspiring people to action. Mishkin exemplifies a rare combination of genius and humility, of pragmatism and creativity earning him a reputation as a superbly capable and trustworthy advisor to organizations."
—Gita Badiyan, Faculty, Royal Roads University
"I am certain I can now function as a strong Product Owner. I really look forward to working with Mishkin Berteig again."
—Sarah Snider, Director, Digital Strategy
- Enterprise Certified Scrum Trainer
- Leadership Circle Profile Certified
- SAFe Program Consultant
- Master of OpenAgile
- BSc, University of Saskatchewan Computational Science
- President and Co-Founder, BERTEIG
Selected Client List, Leadership Coaching, Consulting and TrainingLiberty Mutual, Equitable Insurance, Economical Insurance Group Capital One, Charles Schwab, RBC, BMO Ericsson, Blackberry, Siemens, D+H Globe and Mail, Workopolis, Shaw Media, ZU Schlumberger, Bruce Power, Suncor Energy, Geosoft LoyaltyOne, AIMIA, Points.com, Empathica Career Cruising, App Annie, Modernizing Medicine
Experience SummaryMishkin Berteig has been training, coaching and consulting for organizations adopting Agile since 2001. Mishkin co-founded BERTEIG in 2004. Mishkin is committed to helping individuals, teams and organizations apply Agile to transform their way of working.
Mishkin has assisted leaders and organizations of all sizes to make the transformation from traditional methods to Agile approaches (Extreme Programming, Scrum, Lean, OpenAgile). Assistance includes Agile culture change, Agile change management, executive management coaching, Agile management, Agile product, project and operations management, Agile teamwork and Agile engineering practices.
Mishkin has developed and delivered Agile training both in public and in-house seminars for over 5000 people in Canada and abroad. Courses have been as short as three hour intro-style and as long as five day boot-camp-style, and audiences have ranged from junior team members to senior executives. Mishkin has been a Certified Scrum Trainer since 2005.
Mishkin maintains a popular blog, Agile Advice, with hundreds of articles about agile methods.
- Use the Leadership Circle Profile (LCP) to understand your current leadership effectiveness.
This online tool requires that you invite your 360 "evaluators": your direct reports, your peers and your boss to participate in a 20-minute survey on your leadership behaviours.
Your results are private and shared only with the facilitator of this workshop and the survey responses of your invited "evaluators" are anonymous.
Once you have registered, you will receive detailed instructions on how to use this tool.
- After completing the LCP, you will be invited to review a series of 16 videos on "Leading to Real Agility". Each video is 2-3 minutes long.
- LCP results review and coaching - 90 minutes
We go over your results, discuss the results and dig into their implications for your work as a leader.
- Break - 10 minutes
- Leading to Real Agility - 110 minutes
Connect your LCP results to your team, your organization and the ideal Real Agility culture. The topics we cover will be determined through evaluation of your LCP results and through your own questions and needs. Possible topics include:
- Communication for change
- Leading by example
- Using Real Agility in leadership work
- Restructuring your organization
- Creating an environment for change
- Specific Real Agility practices
- Choosing a change approach
- Leadership and culture
- Dealing with resistance
- Choosing pilot projects
- Large-scale Real Agility
- Organizational Agility
- Individual development
- Team development
- Assessing your organization
- Modes of supporting your staff
- Agile in non-technical environments
- and many more...